Amish Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Looking for a great Amish recipe
? Amish Baked Oatmeal is Kid #1′s most favorite breakfast food. If he got his way, we would eat this every single day!
I love it because it’s versatile–and because it smells like cookies while it’s baking! Think of it as your base to play with. Throw on fresh or dried fruit for a change of pace.
Nothing tastes better on a chilly morning than this Amish Baked Oatmeal recipe, Summer or Winter! You know my Wheat Germ obsession–throw in 1/2 cup of that, too, if you want. I’m not sure where this great Amish recipe came from, unfortunately.
Amish Recipe: Baked Oatmeal
Amish Recipe: Baked Oatmeal or Cookies for Breakfast
This can be assembled the night before and baked the following morning to make breakfast super easy! I know, it's nothing special to look at but--it's so good!
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine, Melted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3-4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Cinnamon (Optional)
- Fruit to Top (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine oats and brown sugar. Add in Milk, Eggs, and melted Butter. Mix well.
- Add in Vanilla, Baking Power, and Cinnamon (if using).
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 dish and bake 25-30 minutes. You know it's done when edges are lightly browned, pull away from side, and it doesn't look so wet.
Photos are the Property of little Indiana. Do Not Use Without Permission.
Small Towns: Destinations, not Drive-Thrus! I’m Jessica Nunemaker and THIS
is little Indiana!
Find pictures in Indiana on my Flickr photostream or on the new little Indiana Tumblr blog.
Just don’t forget to tell ‘em that little Indiana sent you!
Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”
little Indiana: Where to Stay, Play, and Eat in Small Towns in Indiana. Discovering Indiana’s best small towns! Now get little Indiana on your Kindle.
Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.