Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
I love peanut butter cookies
. But–I only love them when they are soft and melt in your mouth amazing!
Easy to throw together, this peanut butter cookie recipe comes from my trusty Nuns cookbook. By Nuns, I mean actual Nuns: Into Our Second Century, School Sisters of Saint Francis.
It was an antique mall find a few years ago and now it’s my go-to place for everything. This peanut butter cookie recipe is one of our favorites. We just love it!
Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe: Soft and Chewy
Peanut Butter Cookies: Soft and Chewy Recipe
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 350* oven.
- These are so easy--combine Sugars, Shortening, and Peanut Butter in bowl of your mixer.
- Add Eggs and beat.
- Add Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cookie Dough Scoop, form dough into walnut-sized balls. Place onto parchment lined sheets to make clean-up a breeze!
- Flatten slightly with tines of a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 350* for 15 minutes.
Photos are the Property of little Indiana. Do Not Use Without Permission.
Small Towns: Destinations, not Drive-Thrus! I’m Jessica Nunemaker and THIS is little Indiana!
Find pictures in Indiana on my Flickr photostream or on the new little Indiana Tumblr blog.
Just don’t forget to tell ‘em that little Indiana sent you!
Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”
little Indiana: Where to Stay, Play, and Eat in Small Towns in Indiana. Discovering Indiana’s best small towns! Now get little Indiana on your Kindle.
Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.