Images from Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

/, Indiana County, Indiana Restaurants, Little Towns, Northern Indiana, Pulaski County, Star City/Images from Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Images from Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove  Restaurant in Star City, Indiana has a comfortable, warm atmosphere. After our meal, I could have lingered over a cup of coffee but the natives (aka Kid #1 and Kid #2) were restless.

As I mentioned before, we couldn’t bypass dessert–not when there was homemade Chocolate Cream Pie and Apple Crisp on the  menu of this Star City, Indiana restaurant!

It was awesome. I shared Apple Crisp with the kids. You’ve got to get the Apple Crisp topped with ice cream. Wow is it ever good! My husband, Jeremy, enjoyed the Chocolate Cream Pie–we all brought home doggie bags from dinner.

Images from Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Oak Grove Restaurant in Star City, Indiana

Small Towns: Destinations, not Drive-Thrus! I’m Jessica Nunemaker and THIS is little Indiana!

Find pictures in Indiana on my Flickr photostream or on the new little Indiana Tumblr blog.

Just don’t forget to tell ’em that  little Indiana sent you!

Oak Grove Restaurant
5401 S US Highway 35
Star City, Indiana 46985
574.595.7126

View Larger Map

Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”

little Indiana: Where to Stay, Play, and Eat in Small Towns in Indiana. Discovering Indiana’s best small towns! Now get little Indiana on your Kindle.

Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.

You don't want to miss this. Sign up for free updates.

About the Author:

Jessica Nunemaker is the Owner of Little Indiana.com. More than a website, Little Indiana is a book, "Little Indiana: Small Town Destinations" (IU Press) awarded first place in the "Best in Indiana Journalism for a Nonfiction Book" by the Indiana Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Little Indiana is also a bi-monthly newspaper column in a local paper and a PBS segment on the former Emmy award-winning program, "The Weekly Special."

6 Comments

1. Jessica Nunemaker April 21, 2012 at 4:59 pm

…but thanks. 🙂

2. Jessica Nunemaker April 21, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Thank you Connie! You’ve got a great thing going there. I should thank YOU! Without phenomenal mom and pop businesses like yours there would be no little Indiana!

3. Connie McLeroy April 21, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Oh by the way, I will be checking in on this website when I go out of town! Great Job!

4. Connie McLeroy April 21, 2012 at 3:38 pm

HI Jessica, I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all your wonderful comments about Oak Grove Restaurant. It is a nice little place. I remember when we first bought it and customers would come in and sit at a large table while 2 others were at the other end. Pretty soon they were in a conversation together! I thought it was so amazing. One occasion I was upset watching a customer getting up to get his own coffee during one of our busy Sundays. He just said “don’t worry, this is Star City.” That really is how it is.
    And yes our Cream Pies are homemade..wish I could show them off. Thank you for doing it for me!
    One of my favorite things about Oak Grove, other than the food, is how rewarding it is for me to watch families get together…get loud…and all the laughing. It makes it all worth while.
    I know this is lengthy but I really wanted to say “Thanks” for coming to Oak Grove.

5. Jessica Nunemaker April 21, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thanks Sarah! 🙂 It was REALLY good. Thanks for stopping by little Indiana!

6. Sarah April 21, 2012 at 9:59 am

I love this little restaurant! Great Service and Great Food!! You do get alot for your money and the salad bar always has alot to choose from! You took great pics of the food!! Love that chicken and the homemade desserts!! YUMM!!