Located at the corner of Main, Hill, and Wabash Streets, the Wabash County Courthouse in Wabash, Indiana has looked out over the downtown for more than one hundred years.
A beautiful old courthouse, it was built in 1879 in the Italian Renaissance style that spanned from 1890 — 1935. Characterized by it’s symmetry and balance, as well as the low-pitched roof, and the details in the arches and columns, this is one of many lovely buildings in downtown Wabash, Indiana.
In 1880, the town celebrated the installment of four brush arc lamps that were attached to the top of the courthouse. A flip of the switch made this small Indiana town the first electrically lighted “city” in the world!
Images from Wabash County Courthouse: Wabash, Indiana
Just don’t forget to tell ’em that little Indiana sent you!
Wabash County Courthouse
Intersection of West Hill St at North Wabash Street
Wabash, Indiana 46992
View Larger Map
Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”
Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.