Dark Chocolate Orange Cookie Recipe
At first bite, I thought that this Dark Chocolate Orange Cookie recipe was pretty good. They are sneaky good. I had eaten three before it even registered.
I’m not normally a fan of dark chocolate and yet…I think this great cookie recipe has made me a convert! For a thicker cookie, chill your dough for about ten minutes. For a thinner cookie, use it right away.
Thick, soft cookies are my favorite things. Pairing this Dark Chocolate Orange Cookie recipe with a cup of hot coffee was a great match! I found them at Dulce Dough blog.
Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies
Best Cookie Recipes: Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1 1/3 Cup Sugar, Divided
- 2/3 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1-2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mix together 2 teaspoons Orange Zest with 1/3 Cup Sugar.
- Mix remaining Orange Zest into 1 Cup Sugar.
- Add Butter to Sugar and cream.
- Add Egg and combine.
- Combine Flour, Cocoa, Salt, Baking Powder, and Baking Soda.
- Add Dry Ingredients Slowly to Creamed Ingredients.
- Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop, drop ball into orange-sugar mixture.
- Place dough balls 2" apart on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 350* for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet and then remove to cooling rack.
I prefer to chill the dough for a thicker cookie. I also like one cup of chocolate chips instead of the two.
Photos are the Property of little Indiana. Do Not Use Without Permission.
Find pictures in Indiana on my Flickr photostream or on the new little Indiana Tumblr blog.
Just don’t forget to tell ‘em that little Indiana sent you!
Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”
little Indiana: Where to Stay, Play, and Eat in Small Towns in Indiana. Discovering Indiana’s best small towns! Now get little Indiana on your Kindle.
Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.