Baked Chicken Flautas Recipe
I love Mexican food–and crispy chicken flautas are one of my favorite items to order!
Since I love all things homemade, I decided it was high time that I tried to make this chicken flautas recipe. Rather than fry them, I decided to brush them lightly with butter and bake them instead.
Would you believe it was just as good as fried flautas? This was so easy and amazing we have agreed to add these into our menu more often!
Baked Flautas Recipe
A mess of recipes with the good parts all combined into this one!
It may seem vague but it's largely up to you and your tastes.
- 4 Large Cooked Chicken Breasts, Shredded
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Green Chilis (To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Sour Cream
- Tomatoes, Sliced
- Lettuce, Shredded
- I cooked chicken in the slow cooker all day so I didn't have to mess with it.
- Combine Filling ingredients.
- I slightly warmed my Flour Tortillas for a minute or two on the stovetop.
- Then place desired amount of filling on edge of tortilla.
- Wrap and place seam side down on parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Brush with melted Butter.
- Bake 425* 15- 20 minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Top with Sour Cream, extra Cheese, and other desired toppings.
- Serve warm.
Photos are the Property of little Indiana. Do Not Use Without Permission.
Find pictures in Indiana on my Flickr photostream or on the new little Indiana Tumblr blog.
Just don’t forget to tell ‘em that little Indiana sent you!
Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”
little Indiana: Where to Stay, Play, and Eat in Small Towns in Indiana. Discovering Indiana’s best small towns! Now get little Indiana on your Kindle.
Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.