Guest Post: Lime Cream Cookies Recipe
Today is another special day in little Indiana! It’s my very first guest blogger, Liz from Hoosier Homemade!
Today, I’m sharing this Lime Cream Cookies Recipe with you, they would be a sweet treat for St. Patrick’s Day or as a Springtime celebration. These little cookies were just melt in your mouth — I couldn’t stop eating them. If you bake at all, you must bake these, the dough was really easy to work with.
You know how when you mix dough and you can just feel how good it is? This is that kind of dough. I also like that there are not many ingredients. I found the recipe from Land O’ Lakes.
Lime Cream Cookies Recipe
Guest Post: Lime Cream Cookies
Ingredients for Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened (real butter, not margarine)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Ingredients for Filling
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Peel, freshly grated
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Drop Green Food Coloring, Optional
- Powered Sugar for Dusting
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl, beat until well mixed.
- Add flour and salt, beat well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or back of spoon.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from cookie sheets and let cool.
Directions for Filling
- Combine all ingredients except food coloring in saucepan, mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until mixture turns glossy and thickens, about 6-9 minutes. Do Not Boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in food coloring, cool slightly, fill each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon warm filling (I put a little extra on mine).
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Photos are the Property of little Indiana. Do Not Use Without Permission.
Liz is a SAHM of 3 teenage boys and happily married for 20+ years and lives in LaPorte, Indiana (about 15 minutes from Lake Michigan). Liz shares her love for baking, cooking and decorating on Hoosier Homemade – and hosting Cupcake Tuesday blog carnival with lots of cupcake creations. Photos are the property of Hoosier Homemade and cannot be used without permission.
Small Towns: Destinations, not Drive-Thrus! I’m Jessica Nunemaker and THIS is little Indiana!
Find pictures in Indiana on my Flickr photostream or on the new little Indiana Tumblr blog.
Just don’t forget to tell ’em that little Indiana sent you!
Don’t miss a moment. Subscribe to little Indiana and receive instant updates to stay on top of everything “little.”
little Indiana: Where to Stay, Play, and Eat in Small Towns in Indiana. Discovering Indiana’s best small towns! Now get little Indiana on your Kindle.
Targeted. Relevant. Affordable! little Indiana advertising.