With almost 2,000 posts on Little Indiana, you might want to get comfortable. Settle in and get ready to see a side of Indiana you didn’t know existed.
Need more convincing? Take a look at these posts for a teeny, tiny sample of the unique attractions there are to see and do right here in Indiana.
Unique Indiana Attractions
- Shrimp Farm in a Tiny Indiana Town
- Zaharakos in Columbus: since 1900
- Tour Bugle Valley Elk Farms
- Hand-Twist Pretzels like it’s 1858
- Mammoth Mushrooms and Waterfalls: 1934 World’s Fair Flare
- Grand Central Station of the Underground Railroad Right Here in Indiana
- Efroymson Restoration at Kankakee Sands: Biggest Secret in Newton County
- Lovely Willowfield Lavender Farm
- Explore the Harrison County of the 1850s
- Zipline Adventure for Adults (and One for Kids!)
- Remarkable Life, Tragic Death: Fairmount Boy James Dean
Please, call ahead before making a special trip. Hours change, stores switch locations, or close entirely. Contact info is included on every page.
Looking for travel tips? I have those too.
With more than 3,000 small towns in the state, I haven’t been everywhere–but you can bet it’s on my list. Please, use the contact form on my “About Me” page to let me know of your favorite towns, cities, or the things to do within them.
Travel Indiana Towns and Cities
- Earl Park
- Fair Oaks
- Fountain City
- French Lick
- Gas City
- Greens Fork
- Lake Cicott
- Lincoln City
- Mariah Hill
- Mount Ayr
- North Judson
- North Liberty
- North Salem
- Parker City
Follow Little Indiana Around the State
Keep tabs on my latest Indiana exploration by following my Instagram or Twitter feed. To find out the latest news and articles, follow Little Indiana on Facebook (and be sure to click “Following” so that updates are always included in your home feed).
Then, create your own Indiana travel list. Make an Indiana travel board on Pinterest and save your favorite posts so you always know exactly what is on your list. While you are at it, you can follow Little Indiana there, too.
Finally, you can catch Little Indiana on WTIU’s Emmy Award-winning program the Weekly Special or find a copy of Little Indiana: Small Town Destinations anywhere books are sold–and even at your local library.
Small towns: destinations, not drive-thrus.
I’m Jessica Nunemaker and THIS is Little Indiana.